Here at Mummy Mayday
Guiding you through the myriad of equipment and products that are available to new parents.
Everything from sterilisers to baby baths, toys and bottles etc.
We understand that it may be tempting to buy everything that you think you need, this is often not the case.
We will help you purchase things that are important and essential that should come first. Followed by the things that are nice to have. Primary purchases should be a steamer steriliser for instance.
Understanding which toys will entertain and stimulate your baby rather than just being the latest “must-have”.
Taking you through all the tasks involved in taking care of a baby.
- Feeding – help with breast feeding. How to make bottles
- Sterilising – Keeping your equipment clean
- Bathing – Advice on how and when and how it can help establish a good bedtime routine
- How to settle your baby – helping you identify your babies sleep signs
- Playing – How and when to introduce toys and interact with your baby
Some people think you can’t have any routine until about 3mths old but in my experience the earlier you start with some structure the easier it is for both you and your baby. We will work with you to devise a plan that fits in with you and your family. We can help you
- Emphasize the difference between night and day
- Ensure you spend nice awake time with your baby during the day
- Understanding your babies sleep signs
- Make sure your baby has enough good quality sleep during the day
- Establish a good bedtime routine that fits in with your family
Establishing a routine
Help with all kinds of feeding problems…
- Help with breast feeding, getting the correct position for you, length of feeds, frequency of feeds
- Helping you decide which bottle is right for your baby
- Transition from breast to bottle
- How to banish night feeds
- How and when to start weaning
How and when to start giving your baby solid food can be a stressful time for parents and there is some much conflicting advice on the subject. Although the guidelines say you shouldn’t start until 26 weeks but in my experience babies are just too hungry by this time and I don’t think its realistic that all babies should be weaned at the same age, weight and development should be taken into consideration. We can help you with
- Identifying the signs that your baby is ready for solid food
- Deciding which equipment can make the process easier for you
- A plan of which foods are the best first foods to give
- When is the best time of day for your baby to start solids
This can be a very stressful time for both parents and babies so we will help you prepare your child for the changes ahead
- Help you spot the signs that your child is ready for the change
- How to prepare yourself and your baby
- Advise on equipment
- Giving you all the practical tips for successful toilet training whether you choose to use the potty or go straight to the toilet
We can help you with all sleep problems…
- How often they should be sleeping
- When is the best time for them to sleep
- Where to sleep
- Helping baby to self-settle
- Transferring to their own room
- Advising on sleep aids
- Help with toddler sleeping issues
We can offer an amazing in-house service for your staff by providing trained, experienced staff who work within your business to ensure your staff get the best advice throughout pregnancy and after their return to work including
- product advice
- how and when to start a routine
- introducing good sleeping routine
- provide help for ongoing feeding/sleep problems
- offer ongoing support in their own homes
What we offer will increase the parents confidence and allow the new family to get into a routine quicker.
1 hour Telephone Consultation – £80
Zoom Classes – £10 per session (see event page to book)
Birth & Beyond
- 1 hour of 1-1 online sessions and daily texts daytime texts for 2 months = £699 Lockdown price now £499
- 2 hours of 1-1 online sessions per week plus up to 10 daily texts for 2mths = £1500 lockdown price £999
- Special offer!! 2 week course inc 2 x 30 minute Zooms plus unlimited texts (Mon-Friday only) £100
Home Visits tailored packages starting from £120
Our Office Hours